Just to let you know

I just post a photo here every now and then...my active blogs are listed in the sidebar.

Monday, June 20, 2011

From a country road...

First, I have a request: would you please check to see if you have the embedded comment on your blog...I have real problems with that because cannot comment without allowing 3rd party cookies and due to some problems I do not like to turn them on. I know I am not the only one having these problems, though I don't think all are due to the third party cookie issue.

To change your comment form:

Go to your dashboard
Click Settings
Click on Comments

and preferably Click the Pop-up one...

It is so convenient when I have not been able to blog. and there are a lot of posts I have missed. But even if you want the full page one, I can still comment with no problems. I for one would really appreciate this...and know a lot of people feel the same way.

This is another photo from somewhere in time...it looks a little tattered and worn.
I am linking it to Tricia's Barn Charm Meme...I for sure enjoy seeing all the barns there.

18 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Wow two barns the old and the new. Good thing they make the other barn looks new. Great find!

Barn Charm

EG CameraGirl said...

The older barn looks a bit unsafe to me but the newer one is still in pretty good shape...I think. :)

Judy said...

It looks like the one on the left is being used still.

Mari said...

Sad to see the one falling apart, but it still has charm!

genie said...

I am quickly learning barns are falling into disrepair in other parts of the country beside VA, Love the sickly one beside the one that is in better shape. Such a nice contrast. I do not quite understand what you want us to do, but I am going to reread your request and see if I can do it. Genie

Lesley said...

The newer barn was quite a step up in size!

Anonymous said...

Tattered & worn just adds to the charm... I love it! =)

Elaine said...

It's interesting how they just built the new one in front and left the old one alone. I suppose they used it until it started to fall apart--I'll bet they still have some things stored in it!

Martha Z said...

I do enjoy seeing the barns from around the country.

Small City Scenes said...

I love all the barns you post Rose. It is sad to see some just dying for lack of use or for whatever reason. Time I guess.

I have been having problems with my computer so haven't been commenting much but hope to be on task soon. MB

Carole said...

The barn in front looks to still be in use, the other pieces of the puzzle time seems to have forgotten.

See my barn charm at...

NoteworthyMusings

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, that's a beauty... the barns & the silos! Love it!

I'm so sorry, but I just got ya linked up... I posted early yesterday cuz I knew I wouldn't be back in time to post around 6 like I usually do, (didn't get home til after 11pm last night, YiKeS! =0) so I wasn't able to check out any of the barns til this morning & when I didn't find yours, I flew over in a flash & there it was! =)

Thanks, Rose! =)

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I just now looked at the date & realized that this one's already been submitted on a previous Barn Charm post, but that's ok... doesn't hurt to have it twice! I'm such a dunce! heheheee =)

shannon i olson said...

oh this is just wonderful, I love, love, love the rusty patina.

Dawn said...

Tattered and worn...means beautiful.
I love the "run-down-ness" of a building....especially a barn:)

Susan said...

Well used. Just as it should be, and still shows it's beauty through your shots. Love it!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I like the contrast, and the older one sure shows its age.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hello Rose! Glad you got a picture before it falls down! So glad that the Bible verse was a blessing to you:) Have a good week! Twyla